Google search can be powerful and easy to use! Try some of these shortcuts…type them into the search bar.
- Type “weather” followed by the city and state, U.S. zip code, or city and country.
- Enter “time” and the name of a city.
- To use Google’s built-in calculator function, simply enter the calculation you’d like done into the search box
- You can use Google to convert between many different units of measurement of height, weight, and volume.
- If you want to search for your term but also for its synonyms, place the tilde sign (~) immediately in front of your search term.
- To see a definition for a word or phrase, simply type the word “define” then a space, then the word you want defined.
- To see flight status for arriving and departing U.S. flights, type in the name of the airline and the flight number.
- Track packages by typing the tracking number for your UPS, Fedex or USPS package directly into the search box.
- Type in the name or U.S. zip code of a location and the word “map”.