I have some goals in mind for the next 1000 days. This is a specific time frame that has meaning for me. The date will be August 13, 2013 and I will be one/half century.
These goals range from easy to difficult to seemingly impossible – and that’s OK. They are GOALS, not demands and nobody’s life depends on them to be checked off my list. But they are good marks for me to move toward and work for and set my sights on…
My goals involve all aspects of the Greatest Commandment:
Mark 12:30 ESV And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
Look at this same verse in The Message translation!
Mark 12:30 The Message ”so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy.’
Heart/Passion – what I care about, focus my time and attention toward
Soul/Prayer – how I trust God, how I speak with Him
Mind/Intelligence – my thoughts, my work ethic, my stewardship
Strength/Energy – my physical abilities/limitations, stewarding myself
Goal #1 is to spend each day with an appropriate focus on these four aspects. I cannot control the next 1000 days. I can’t even control today! But I can dwell in His presence and enjoy this day in His courts. This info below was so timely in my devotion today – it’s about 1000 days not being equal to one day in God’s presence!
Psalm 84:10a ESV For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere.
- You find love, joy, peace and comfort in His presence.
- As you enter his presence he draws you into His embrace.
- In His presence there is no for fear, sadness or despair because,
- when you enter His presence they have to leave.
- His presence is a place of quiet worship or uncontrollable praise.
- His presence is where you meet with Him and share the innermost secrets of your heart and then listen to what He has to say to you.
- In His presence we find the answers to every question we can ever think to ask.