Touch Your World
DO THIS TODAY! Exercise the 10 Second Rule – just do the next thing you’re reasonably certain Jesus wants you to do. (And do it quickly before you change your mind.) I can’t think of a good reason not to ‘like’ a FB page to send $5 to Freeset OR to sign a petition to protect an 8 year old from sexual abuse. Can you?
- Freeset – Kolkata, India – On May 2 – like this Facebook page for help a woman gain freedom through Freeset. Kirsten is donating $5 for each FB Like. Just click here to “LIKE” her Facebook page! How simple is that!!!! Don’t hesitate because the offer expires at midnight on 5/2/2012.
- Make Way Partners – Lithuania – Visit change.org to sign a petition on behalf of Deimate. I’ve tweeted and emailed and written about her before. Deimate is now 8 years old. Lithuanian State Court released a court order which warrants the abused girl to be taken away from her protectress aunt Neringa Venckiene and return to her mother who is suspected for pimping her out to pedophiles (high ranking pedophiles including court judges, wealthy businessmen and political representatives). Moreover, the court permitted the bailiff of taking the child by force, which by no means meets the DECLARATION OF THE RIGHTS OF THE CHILD. People and press in Lithuania are shocked by this action of bailiff and police against the child.
Here a couple of other ways to help: by giving and praying!
- The Wellhouse – Alabama – This Christian shelter for victims of human trafficking needs your prayers – as well as financial support. If you would like to donate goods, here is a partial list:
- Laptop computers
- Clothing of all sizes – appropriate for job hunting and church
- Pajamas and underclothing –– NEW items only, please
- Under bed plastic storage containers
- Gift cards to Target and Wal-Mart
- Kitchen cooking items/utensils/cookware
- Bibles – preferably in an easily understood translation
- Composition notebooks for journaling
- Pens and highlighters
- Christian/inspirational books for library
- Clothes hangers
- Towels and washcloths –– NEW items only, please
- Patio furniture (table and chairs)
- Give1Save1 / adoption – Birmingham – Help the Hill family bring home a little girl from Ethiopia to wear the cute pink cowgirl boots! Every little donation brings her just a little bit closer to being home.
- Living Hope – Cape Town, South Africa – Buy one of the new Living Hope CDs. Last Thursday, April 26, the new CD was released. It features the Masi Choir singing with artists such as Michael W Smith, Casting Crowns and Jars of Clay. Be sure to order your copies on the online store. http://www.livinghope.co.za/store OR you can buy the CDs in the lobby at Shades Mountain Baptist Church – before or after morning worship. They are $15 and all the profit goes to Living Hope.
- Urban Purpose – Birmingham – The ministry needs your support. The downtown visits are an open door to get to know people on the streets, meet basic physical needs, and begin the process of building relationships. Join us on Sundays at 2:30pm at the Shades Mtn. Baptist Student Building to go downtown and serve a meal. There are opportunities for people of all ages to be a part of what happens each Sunday. They are also looking for 150 folks who will commit to give $25 each month to financially support the ministry. See the website to learn how to donate and for other ways to be involved.
Got comments or questions? I would love hear your thoughts!